Greetings Wrestling Patrons,
Week 2- Preseason
Yall are doing better at reading these but there is still room for improvement.
Click here for PRACTICE SCHEDULE
Also, everyone has done a great job at getting their PayPal subscriptions completed. That is a huge help!! If you haven't paid me... SHAME!
1. Everyone will need to fill out a new waiver for this season. You can fill one out at your next practice or download one from the website and email it to Ashley at email@example.com
2. We are implementing a one time registration fee of $25 per wrestler. The fee will go toward OKWA membership (insurance) and a new team t-shirt. This needs to be paid asap and can be done online or by placing cash or check into the "red box" hanging on the wall in the lobby.
3. PayPal monthly Subscriptions are 105/mo per individual and 180/family. Memberships are due at the first of the month. The additional $5 is to cover processing fees. Cash or check payments are still $100 and $175 respectively.
4. There will be a 10% late charge applied for memberships 10 days late.
5. Membership rates will increase in November to $125 per individual or $200 a family.
There are two ways to avoid paying the increased membership rates.
1. By pre-paying for the folkstyle/freestyle season in full.
2. By Locking in the monthly subscription before the increase in November. The 105 button will expire October 2.
Families need to be in “good standing” before they can register for the new season. If you have an outstanding balance (or think you do) please get with me ASAP.
TEAM TULSA VETERANS DAY CLASSIC
I am overwhelmed by the response to my leadership request... NOT! The tournament committee still needs help in the following areas:
1. Concession Stand
recruit and coordinate concession staff, adhere to Muskogee HD code, determine items to be sold, coordinate pick and drop off of rental equipment.
2. Hospitality/ food donations
recruit and Coordinate hospitality staff, solicit donations from restaurants and parents,
3. Admissions (door)
recruit and Coordinate admissions staff, procure wristbands and change boxes, must be trustworthy, responsible and friendly.
Develop marketing strategy for event, find new and existing ad revenue avenues
recruit and Coordinate award staff, procure awards for the tournament and hand them out
recruit and Coordinate security staff, check wrist bands, points of entry, and parking lot
7. EMT/male nurse
Kori Drew said he's got this, maybe.
8. Score tables
recruit and Coordinate staff for ALL scoring tables for all sessions, recruit more help and teach them how to keep score, we might have to solicit other teams to help./
9. Setup (Friday evening)
recruit and coordinate set up staff, tote and tape mats, run wires, carry stuff
10. Tear down (Sunday evening)
The opposite of set up... still have to carry stuff tho.
Clean up spills, and vomit. Dump trash cans and maintain the restrooms.
Please message me (918- 857-7371) if you are interested in helping. I am almost to the point where I start assigning duties. It's always been wise to enlist before the draft especially when you know your draft number is close (senior parents).
Gear pre orders are coming soon. Deadline will be October 1st.
USA WRESTLING MEMBERSHIPS
USA Wrestling memberships can now be renewed.
ALL COACHES will need to have a current background check ($30) and current “safesport” certificate in order to coach at practice or at tournaments.
Super 32 early entry Results
Jaylyn Lazzerini 2-1
Kyah Leyba 1-3
Destiny Jones 2-2
Kristen Delarosa 2-2
Tiffany Brashears 0-4
Millie Azlin 3-1 with win over top ranked opponent.
Team Oklahoma Blue placed 3rd