This week begins a new wrestling season. Preseason is finally here and folkstyle competitions are right around the corner.
In the Bulletins I will write about practices, upcoming events, results, volunteer needs, fees/memberships and miscellaneous topics as the season progresses.
I know these bulletins can be lengthy but please do your best to stay abreast of the current happenings within the Team Tulsa Organization. Do you know how many times I answer the same question after it has already been addressed in the bulletin or when the information is on the website? Don't be that guy.
NEW PRACTICE SCHEDULE STARTING THIS WEEK.
Couple quick highlights
• No beginners class on Wednesday. 6-8 advanced only.
• Addition a Tuesday/Thursday 4:25-5:25 beginners class.
I want to thank everyone for securing their spot on the team by locking in their subscription or paying their fees in advance. If you haven’t already done so, please subscribe to the PayPal link on the website. If you prefer to make Redbox payments, please continue what is easiest for you.
1. Everyone will need to fill out a new waiver for this season. You can fill one out at your next practice or download one from the website and email it to Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. We are implementing a one time registration fee of $25 per wrestler. The fee will go toward OKWA membership (insurance) and a new team t-shirt. This needs to be paid asap and can be done online or "red box".
3. PayPal monthly Subscriptions are 105/mo per individual and 180/family. Memberships are due at the first of the month. The additional $5 is to cover processing fees. Cash or check payments are still $100 and $175 respectively.
4. There will be a 10% late charge applied for memberships 10 days late.
5. Membership rates will increase in November to $125 per individual or $200 a family.
There are two ways to avoid paying the increased membership rates.
1. By pre-paying for the folkstyle/freestyle season in full.
2. By Locking in the monthly subscription before the increase in November. The 105 button will expire October 2.
Families need to be in “good standing” before they can register for the new season. If you have an outstanding balance (or think you do) please get with me ASAP.
TEAM TULSA VETERANS DAY CLASSIC
I am overwhelmed by the response to my leadership request... The tournament committee still needs help in the following areas:
1. Concession Stand
2. Hospitality/ food donations
3. Admissions (door)
7. EMT/male nurse
8. Score tables
9. Setup (Friday evening)
10. Tear down (Sunday evening)
Please message me (918- 857-7371) if you are interested in helping.
Gear pre orders are coming soon. Deadline will be October 1st.
USA WRESTLING MEMBERSHIPS
USA Wrestling memberships can now be renewed.
ALL COACHES will need to have a current background check ($30) and current “safesport” certificate in order to coach at practice or at tournaments.
Super 32 early entry tournament is this weekend.
We have 6 girls participating in the Central Cup Duals for team Oklahoma!
Jaylyn Lazzerini, Kyah Leyba, Destiny Jones, Kristen Delarosa, Tiffany Brashears, Millie Azlin.
Follow the link for the full schedule.